Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born to social class Hindustani family. Mother Devaki Devi and Father Pan Singh. He had brother named Narendra and a sister named Jayanti. Dhoni was an enormous fan of Adam Gilchrist. His idols were Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan and Lata Mangeshkar .Dhoni studied at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, and Jharkhand where he initially excelled in badminton and soccer and was designated at district and club level in these sports. Dhoni was a ticket Examiner (TTE) at Kharagpur railroad station from 2001 to 2003, underneath Southern Railway in state. Before he started enjoying cricket, he was a soccer goalkeeper. It’s was believed he drinks around four litres of milk everyday however he denied it by voice communication that has been exaggerated a small amount. He loves milk and drinks around 1 litre on a daily basis. Dhoni married Sakshi Singh Rawat,Shyamali a native of Dehradun, Uttarakhand, on 4 July 2010.
Dhoni made his one day international debut on the 23rd of December 2004 against Bangladesh. But, Dhoni had a bad start for his career later on his the fifth match which was played against Pakistan in Visakhapatnam, Dhoni came to the crease one down and managed to score 148 runs from just 123 balls, Dhoni's 148 surpassed the earlier record for the highest score by an Indian wicket-keeper, On the 31st of October, Dhoni broke the record of highest runs scored by a wicket keeper by securing 183 runs against Sri Lanka which was played at Jaipur ,a record that he would re-write before the end of the year. It took him only 42 innings to become world number one ODI batsmen as per ICC rankings, which is still a record for reaching that heights. On the 2nd of December 2005, Dhoni made his Test cricket debut against Sri Lanka which was played in Chennai, India. Dhoni got a contract from the BCCI in 2005 following his performance as the ‘Man of the Series’ in the ODI series against Sri Lanka. He was named as the captain for the 1st T20 world cup which was held in South Africa, where all seniors refused to play T20 format. He had a bunch of new talents in his team and Dhoni first became India’s T20 captain, where he managed to win the Inaugural T20 World Cup in 2007 at South Africa. After this the rest was history, Dhoni has led India to numerous other victories – 2011 World Cup, 2013 Champions Trophy, series win in New Zealand and West Indies to name a few. His captaincy helped India to become the first team in more than 40 years to whitewash Australia in a test series. He took India to number 1 position in the ICC rankings for the first time across all the 3 formats (TEST, ODI and T20).
Dhoni was a tremendous team leader, here are few such qualities that made him a great leader:
1. VISION: Great leaders have vision. They can see into the future. They have a clear, exciting idea of where they are going and what they are trying to accomplish and are excellent at strategic planning.
2. POSITIVE ATTITUDE: There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.
3. RISK TAKING ABILITY: Let’s take an example of 2007 finals last over, Dhoni took a big risk by asking a non-regular inexperienced bowler (Joginder Sharma) to bowl a last over of the WORLDCUP finals result INDIA won the trophy. There are many such instances where he has taken many risky and bold decisions.
4. CAPTAIN COOL: Operates unflappably to ensure that all are grounded.
5. HAVING CONFIDENCE IN TEAM MEMBERS: Dhoni believed that if a player is in Indian team then he has something in him. It doesn't matters if he is going through a rough phase, what he needs is a little extra push. We all know if we are down we just need a pat on the back saying that yes you can do it. If we have someone in like doing that for us, things will be much easier. The perfect example of Dhoni showing confidence in his team member is selection of out of form Yuvraj for world cup. Everyone was disappointed about the fact that he was picked up for the 15 member squad, but what was the result of it, he was the Man of the Series of ICC WC 2011.
6. LEADING FROM THE FRONT: The 1ST real thing that differentiates a good leader from a bad one is how they understand the concept of leadership itself. If you expect your team to work hard and produce quality content, you’re going to lead by example. There is no greater motivation than seeing the boss down in the trenches working alongside everyone else,
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
• T-20 world cup 2007
• Commonwealth 2008 series vs Australia
• World cup 2011
• Asia Cup 2010
• ICC Champion trophy
• NO 1 in test cricket
• CSK has won 3 IPL and 2 CPL cups under his captaincy and championship
• Only captain to win all Major ICC trophies
• ICC ODI Player of the Year : 2008, 2009
• ICC World ODI XI: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 • ICC World Test XI: 2009, 2010, 2013
• LG People’s Choice Award : 2013
• Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2007– 08.
• Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011
MS Dhoni inducted as an honorary Lieutenant Colonel. He had a dream to serve the nation as a soldier. He is also the Co-owner of Ranchi Rays, Co-owner of Chennaiyin FC, owner of Mahi Racing Team India.
As we all know about his fitness many youngsters also fail to surpass MSD’s fitness .But, now he is not the member of Team INDIA , we all want him back on ground just to feel that vibe of his presence on the ground, his keeping skills, batting style and the way he helps youngsters to boost their confidence is incredible.
How many of want MSD back onto field ….?
Let the poll begin ....like & share this blog.......till it reaches MahendraSingh Dhoni.